Provides professional nursing care for patients in the emergency room. Triages each patient and determines priority of care based on medical complaint or current symptoms. Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process in collaboration with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Provides direct patient care by evaluating the medical complaint or current symptoms and report to physician.
- Works directly under physicians, assisting them during exams, procedures, diagnostic testing and treatments.
- Per physician’s orders performs IV initiation/infusion/therapy, blood draws, cardiac monitoring, pulse oximetry, applies oxygen, administers nebulized treatment, cleans and bandages wounds, applies splints, and provides basic bedside care.
- Recognizes and effectively treats life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments. This includes pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Uses triage process to ensure timely and appropriate care to patients. Accurately assigns triage categories.
- Assists physicians with procedures including but not limited to laceration repair, any procedure requiring moderate sedation, incision and drainage, cardiac arrest, intubation, chest tube insertion, foreign body removal, live birth or spontaneous aborted fetus and tissue, records time of death and birth, assists Administrator in reporting death in the emergency room as needed.
- Prepares and administers medications ordered by the physician and records administration and such other relative data in the patient’s medical record.
- Interacts professionally with patient and family and involves patient and family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Reviews all discharge instructions with patient and takes vital signs prior to discharge to ensure patient is stable and records results in the patient medical record.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection prevention and control standards.
- Completes all necessary nursing documentation in accordance with policy and emergency room standards.
- Ensures an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment.
- Records all patient medical care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in appropriate format and submits to Front Desk Representative to enter in patient medical record.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for own professional practice and ongoing education.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by Nurse Manager.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum of 2 years emergency room nursing experience.
- Current RN license within the state of practice.
- CPR/BLS Certification required.
- ACLS Certification required.
- PALS Certification required.
Excel ER is a full service, state-licensed, and 24/7 emergency room that is not directly connected to a hospital. It offers essentially the same services and functions, but with dramatically reduced wait times and a much more comfortable setting than traditional emergency rooms.
We offer attractive benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, paid time off after 90 days, and a Retirement Plan.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.