Assists Physician and in charge Registered Nurse with basic patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice under direct supervision of the Nurse Director. Additionally operates radiologic equipment to produce radiographs (x-rays) and CT scans of body for diagnostic purposes.
- Provides supportive care to the patients under the direction of the registered nurse in charge and/or physician.
- Performs patient skill sets such as taking height and weight measurements, vital signs, IV initiations, blood draws, documenting as needed to assist the nurse and physician with patient care.
- Upon physician’s orders performs diagnostic testing using x-ray and/or computer tomography (CT scan) equipment in accordance with protocol.
- Produces a quality image and uploads such images for radiology reads/interpretations.
- Applies proper techniques and practices while performing diagnostic testing using radiology equipment and lab procedures.
- Reports lab and radiology results immediately to registered nurse and/or physician.
- Assists registered nurse and physicians with assessments, examinations and treatment.
- Performs other duties such as crutch walking, dressing changes and assisting physician with splint or cast application.
- Assists with moving, ambulating and lifting patients as needed.
- Communicates in an effective and efficient manner with all documentation, and with all coworkers, patients, visitors and physicians.
- Assists with the cleaning of the facility and radiology department to ensure a safe and sanitary work environment as well as maintains and prepares rooms between patients and procedures.
- May assist in various office duties such as front office registration activities, filing shredding, scanning, data entry as needed or required by administrations.
- Monitors stock and restocks supplies as needed.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent with diploma/certification from accredited school of Radiology Technologist.
- At least one-year experience as Radiology Technologist at a hospital or emergency room setting.
- Need experience with CT and X-ray
- ARRT Certification required.
- CPR/BLS Certification required.
- Current license from the Texas Department of State Health Service for Radiology Technologist required.
Excel ER is a full service, state-licensed, and 24/7 emergency room that is not directly connected to a hospital. It offers essentially the same services and functions, but with dramatically reduced wait times and a much more comfortable setting than traditional emergency rooms.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.